The Best Spinach Lasagna Rolls
- 9 Lasagna Noodles
- 10 oz Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 15 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 1 egg
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp. Parsley flakes
- 1 Jar of pasta sauce
- 2 cups of shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1. Cook lasagna noodles in lightly salted water. Drain, let cool and then place lasagna noodles on a piece of parchment paper or aluminum foil on the counter.
2. In a large bowl, add the drained and thawed spinach, ricotta cheese, egg, parsley flakes, salt and pepper and add in 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Mix thoroughly.
3. Spoon 1/3 cup of the mixture onto the center of each lasagna noodle, and use the back of a spoon to spread the mixture over the entire noodle. Do this for all 9 noodles before moving onto the next step. If at the end of this step you have leftovers of the mixture, add it to the noodles that are looking a little bare.
4. Typically, you’re supposed to roll the noodles, as the name implies. But I find that it can get a bit messy and it leads to each roll being a different size. I’ve found that it’s easiest to fold the noodles into thirds rather than rolling. Fold one end of the noodle towards the center. Then grab the other end and repeat.
5. Pour approximately 1/2 cup to 1 cup of pasta sauce on the bottom of your baking dish and spread across so it’s evenly covered. This is just to prevent the lasagna noodles from sticking to the dish.
6. Transfer your rolls to the baking dish and cover with the remaining pasta sauce. Then sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese over top.
7. Loosely cover with foil and bake at 350 F. for 40 minutes.
This recipe freezes really well.