Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups
Another copy cat recipe here. Make delicious (and healthy) fruit snacks perfect for lunch boxes or when you’re on the run.
6 cups of chopped, hulled strawberries
sugar to taste if needed (i didn’t add any to mine. the strawberry batter actually gets a little sweeter during the drying process)
1. Blend fruit and sugar (if using) in blender until smooth.
2. Set oven at lowest temperature setting (mine was at 170 F). Line two 13 x 18 baking sheet with Silpat mats.
3. Pour fruit mixture onto silpat mats and spread with the back of a large spoon until the fruit mixture makes a sheet about a 1/8 inch thick across the surface of the silpat.
4. Place baking sheets in the oven and bake for 6-8 hours, until fruit is dry. When you touch it, it should be still a little sticky, but it should be set and solid (not wet) like fruit leather.
5. Let fruit leather cool. Once it is finished cooling, gently peel off the fruit leather from the Silpat. It should come off the mat easily. Cut small pieces of parchment paper (to desired length and width of fruit leather strips you want), then cut fruit leather to slightly under the size of the parchment paper. Place onto parchment paper and roll together. Tie with a string to hold the roll. Repeat with rest of fruit leather. Store in airtight container in a cool space.