SMOKED PAPRIKA RED POTATO & EGG BAKE2014-02-04
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 30m
1 lb red potatoes
½ medium onion
2 cloves garlic
3 tablespoons heavy cream
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
¼ cup blue cheese (optional)
Chives, to top
1) Preheat oven to 400˚.
2) Cut potatoes in half, length wise, and then each half lengthwise again. Dice into ½” slices. Cut onions into chunks as well.
3) In a large baking dish (I use a pie pan or 11″ quiche pan), add potatoes and onions. Mince garlic and add to pan along with the heavy cream, paprika, salt, and pepper flakes. Using a spoon or your hands, toss everything together so that potatoes and onions are coated.
4) Bake for 10 minutes, stir, and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
5) Remove from oven and create a space in the center. Crack desired amount of eggs in the middle and sprinkle cheese over eggs and potatoes. Return to oven and continue to bake until eggs have set, 7-12 minutes depending on desired firmness of yolk- just make sure the egg whites have set.
6) Remove from oven and sprinkle chives on top.