Slow Cooker Jerk Pork Wraps2014-03-20
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 5:0 h
- Ready In : 5:0 h
Ingredients You’ll Need:
2 pounds(960 g) boneless pork shoulder roast,fat trimmed
1 tablespoon Jamaican jerk seasoning
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme,crushed
1 cup fresh cold water
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
6-8 10-inches(25 cm) flour tortillas
6-8 lettuce leaves
1 cup chopped mango
1/2 cup chopped red or green sweet pepper
Lime Mayo(recipe follows)
1) Sprinkle Jamaican jerk seasoning evenly over meat and rub it with your fingers.
2) Place pork in 3½-4-quart(3½-4 L) slow cooker.
3) Sprinkle pork with thyme and pour water over meat.
4) Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
5) Transfer cooked meat to a cutting board and discard cooking liquid.
6) Using two forks,pull meat apart into shreds.
7) In a mixing bowl,combine shredded pork and lime juice.
8) Mix well and set aside.
9) Line tortillas with lettuce leaves.
10) Spread meat mixture onto tortillas just below corners.
11) Top with mango,sweet pepper and Lime Mayo.
12) Fold bottom edge of each tortilla up and over filling;fold in sides.
13) Roll up from the bottom.
1)In a small mixing bowl,combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise,1/4 cup finely chopped red onion,1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel,1 tablespoon lime juice and 1 clove garlic,minced.
2) Stir well and store in a tightly covered container.