Salted Caramel & Nutella Stuffed Double Chocolate Chip Cookies2014-02-03
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
1/2 cup (110g) butter
1 1/2 cups (350g) light brown sugar
1/2 cup (55g) cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking powder
2 cups (260g) all-purpose flour
3.5 oz (100g) milk or dark chocolate chips
flaky salt/ fleur de sel/ maldon salt, for sprinkling
approx. 1/2 cup (8 tbsp) nutella
homemade Salted caramel OR 15-16 caramel-filled chocolates
1) Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
2) In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Take off the heat and stir in the brown sugar and eggs. Then add the cocoa, salt and baking powder and stir until well combined. Add the flour and stir until no floury patches are left. Lastly stir in the chocolate chips.
3) Make your caramel or prepare 15 caramel-filled chocolates.
4) Take 1 heaped tbsp of dough, use your finger make a large indentation the centre of the dough; fill the indentation with a small blob of nutella (like 1/2 tsp ish), and top it up with the still-warm salted caramel, or a caramel-filled chocolate. Top with a flattened tablespoon of dough, and seal.
5) Sprinkle with sea salt and bake for 8-10 minutes.