Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies2014-02-08
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 2:0 h
1 1/8 c. all purpose flour
1/3 c. cocoa powder
1- 1 1/2 stick of butter softened (add 1/2 if sugar is not dissolving)
1 3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. red food coloring
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1) Preheat Oven to 325F Degrees
2) In a small bowl sift and whisk together flour and cocoa powder. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Sugar should dissolve. Approximately 2-4 minutes. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Then stir in vanilla followed by red food coloring. On low speed, add in dry ingredients, mixing until just incorporated. Remove from mixer, and fold batter using a spatula to make sure that flour at the bottom was incorporated and food coloring is evenly distributed.
3) In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream together cream cheese and sugar. Then add in egg followed by vanilla.
4) Line a small rectangular baking dish with foil. Grease with aluminum foil. This will help with removing brownies from baking dish and cutting the brownies. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Using a small 1 inch cookie scoop or tbsp. scoop out cheesecake batter and place randomly over batter. Top these cheesecake scoops with remaining red velvet brownie batter. Using a small, sharp knife make swirls in the batter.
5) Loosely cover with aluminum foil. Place baking dish on the bottom rack and bake for 30-40 minutes. Then remove aluminum foil and bake on top rack for an additional 10-15 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean. It is important to insert a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean.