Quick Cheesecake Stuffed Key Lime Cupcakes2014-01-27
- Servings : 24
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
This Key Lime Cupcake recipe makes for an impressive dessert or pot luck offering! Using key lime yogurt and Betty Crocker ingredients we pumped out these cakes in half an hour! They look like they take a LOT of work, but trust me.. using lots of pre-made ingredients it’s a hoot.
- 1 6inch prepared store bought cheesecake (for quick filling)
- 1 key lime yogurt (for frosting)
- 1 container cream cheese frosting
- 1 package of cake mix (better crocker lemon works best)
- lime gelatin (jello)
- key lime juice
- green food coloring
1) Make the batter: Combine cake mix, a few drops of key lime juice and 1 package of lime flavored gelatin, as well as a couple drops of green food coloring
2) Using a cookie dough or ice cream scoop, scoop up a ball of cheesecake
3) Fill muffin pan with paper sheets. Fill bottom with batter, add one cheesecake ball to each sheet, then fill the top with batter.
4) Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. The cheesecake is already baked so you only need to bake these very briefly.
Voila! Delicious every time