Perfect Latin Slow Cooked Ribs2014-02-02
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Thee are my PERFECT slow cooker ribs, using Grandma’s recipe. They do however require a green egg slow cooker. You can try to make this in your Crock Pot slow cooker as well, however it will not have the same smoke taste, and will be much more saucey. It’s up to you!
Baby Backs or St. Louis Style Spare Ribs (Two full slabs)
Olive oil – ¼ cup
Latin Spice blend – ¼ to ½ Jar
Honey -2 Tablespoons
Garlic finely chopped -3 cloves
Kosher Salt -1 Tablespoon
Grandma Dave’s BBQ Sauce -½ to 1 bottle
1) Rinse and dry baby backs and set aside
2) Mix Olive oil with Latin Blend, Honey, Garlic and salt
3) Let ribs marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours
4) Pre-heat your Big Green Egg Slow-cooker
5) Place ribs in rib rack in center of Big Green Egg Cooker
6) Cook in the Egg for 3-4 hours – or until meat recedes from the bone. You may test one by cutting off a rib on the end until it the meat appears to be falling off the bone.
7) Remove from Egg, cut ribs off of slab and slather in BBQ sauce. Place in baking dish that can handle the heat of the egg. Return to egg until sauce begins carmelizing on the ribs… but not too long. The sauce should always go on at the end so it doesn’t get too burned on the ribs.