Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas2014-03-20
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
These chicken fajitas baked in the oven come out so yummy! This is a great alternative if you do not wish to stir fry, or use a hot plate.
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp salt
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 medium onion, sliced
1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced (I use half a green and half a red)
12 flour tortillas
Toppings such as cheese, sour cream, and guacamole – if desired
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken strips in a greased 13×9 baking dish.
2) In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt
3) Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
4) Next add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.
5) Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve on tortillas with desired toppings.