Kit Kat Cheesecake Bars2014-01-07
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons of butter
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons Hershey’s Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ¾ cup Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 6 Kit Kat candy packages
- 10oz. chocolate
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 4 oz white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Garnish with powdered sugar and cocoa powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line pan with foil.
- Combine graham cracker crust and sugar in a bowl and toss to combine. Put in melted butter and mix to combine. Press mixture down onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 7-10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool while making cheesecake portion.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and beat until fully combined and smooth; set aside. Place Kit Kat bars on top of crust. Pour cheesecake mixture over Kit Kat bars and bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees F. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Place chocolate and butter in a heat proof bowl over (not on) simmering water, gently stir until chocolate is melted and butter is fully combined. Pour chocolate over baked cheesecake.
- Place white chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl. Boil heavy cream but be careful not to over boil as silky cream film will be left behind. Pour boiled heavy cream over chocolate and let sit. Do not stir for 3-4 minutes. Then using a sturdy spatula gently stir and fold chocolate, continuing until chocolate is completely melted. Chocolate will be lumpy at first, but will melt and become smooth. Transfer mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a number 2 round tip or a place mixture in a Ziploc bag and cut a small hole in one corner.
- Pipe white chocolate horizontally across from top to bottom. Use a toothpick and starting at the top drag the toothpick vertically through horizontal lines. Starting from the bottom drag the toothpick to the top. Continue to alternate starting points with toothpick.
- When chocolate hardens garnish with powdered sugar
- For nice clean edges while cutting, run hot water over the knife’s blade and wipe away the moisture before cutting. Along with that, wipe the blade down between cuts.