Easy Pie Cupcakes2014-01-30
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
24 vanilla cupcakes, baked in silver foil liners
2 can(s) (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
Yellow food coloring
1 teaspoon(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup(s) each red and blue candy (M&M’s, Jelly Belly)
1) Tint the vanilla frosting with 3 or 4 drops of the yellow food coloring and the cocoa powder to make a light brown for the pie crust.
2) Spread some of the frosting on top of a cupcake, leaving 1/4 inch of the cupcake edge exposed. For the filling, arrange about 25 like-colored candies close together on top of the cupcake. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes and like-colored candies.
3) Spoon the remaining light brown frosting into a ziploc bag, press out the excess air, and seal. Snip a small (1/8-inch) corner from the bag.
4) For the lattice crust, pipe 4 or 5 lines across the top of a cupcake, about 1/2 inch apart. Pipe 4 or 5 more lines, on the diagonal. Pipe a beaded edge around the top of the cupcake. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes and frosting.
5) Arrange the cupcakes on a wire racks.