Easy Parmesan Hash Brown Cups2014-01-29
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 1:15 h
- Ready In : 1:30 h
1 (20 oz) bag Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns; OR 3-1/2 cups shredded russet potatoes, rinsed and squeezed dry in a towel
3 green onions, chopped (approx. 1/3 cup), both white and green parts
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoon olive oil
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 12 muffin tins with cooking spray; set aside. In large bowl, combine potatoes, onions, cheese, salt, and pepper.
2) Toss lightly with a fork. Drizzle on olive oil. Toss with fork again until mixture is well combined. Spoon mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups.
3) With the back of the spoon, apply gentle pressure to pack mixture into each cup. Bake for 60-75 minutes in lower third of oven.
4) Let rest for 5 minutes, run a small knife or spatula around the edge of each cup, making sure the edges are loosened.
5) Gently lift each potato cup out, invert it, place on serving plate bottom side up. Good served warm or room temperature.
FOR COOKING LATER: Combine mixture, spoon it into muffin tins, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to bake. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before baking time.
COOK AHEAD FOR REHEATING LATER: These can be baked ahead of time, refrigerated or frozen, and reheated before serving. They lose some of their crispiness when reheated, but the texture and taste is still good.
Voila! Here is our results: