Easy Mini Meatball Meatloaf2014-03-20
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
These perfect miniature meatball meatloaves come out so good! Best of all, they are so to make too.
4 slices good-quality white bread or sliced peasant bread, torn
1 cup whole milk
1 1/2 pounds ground beef, pork and veal mix
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/2 to 2/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, a couple generous handfuls
Extra-virgin olive oil, for liberal drizzling, plus 2 tablespoons
2 cubanelle peppers, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
3 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups beef stock
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2) In a large bowl, add the bread and the milk and let soak for a few minutes then wring out the moisture. In another large mixing bowl add the meat and the soaked bread. Add the egg, salt and pepper, to taste, the garlic, parsley, cheese and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil. Mix to combine and form into 4 mini oval loaves, about 2-inches thick.
3) Arrange the loaves on a medium nonstick baking sheet and drizzle the tops with a little extra-virgin olive oil. Roast in oven for 20 minutes.
4) While meat is roasting, put a medium skillet or sauce pot on the stove over medium heat, and add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the peppers and the onions, season with salt and pepper, to taste, and saute for 10 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste, cook for 1 minute, then sprinkle in the flour and stir for 1 minute more. Whisk in the stock and Worcestershire, and season again with salt and pepper, to taste. Reduce the heat and let simmer until ready to serve.
5) Remove the meatloaves from the oven to a bowl, and top with warm ketchup or an onion gravy on top! It’s up to you