Easy Homemade Breakfast Bruschetta2014-02-27
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 8m
- Ready In : 23m
Oh my goodness is this ever good, possibly my new favorite brunch side dish!
2 tablespoons light whipped butter or light buttery spread
1 (2-inch-wide) French baguette (about 4 ounces)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
1 plum tomato, diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Salt and black pepper, optional
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2) Put butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave 15 seconds until melted. Set aside.
3) Using a sharp serrated knife, carefully cut baguette into 16 half-inch-thick slices. (Discard the ends or reserve for another use.) Spray large baking sheet with nonstick spray and evenly place the bread on the sheet.
4) Using a pastry brush, evenly brush each slice of bread with the melted butter and sprinkle with garlic powder.
5) Bake in the oven until warm and crispy (8 minutes).
6) Meanwhile, bring your skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add egg substitute & scramble until it’s mostly cooked, about 3 minutes.
7) Add tomato and basil to your skillet and continue to scramble until fully cooked, about 1 minute.
8) Evenly distribute scrambled egg mixture among the baked bread slices. Season with salt and pepper. SO easy! Enjoy
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe