Easy Bacon & Blue Cheese Steak2014-01-28
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Steak is always perfect paired with a nice cheese. Philly cheese steak anyone?
In our house, you can never have enough cheese! This tangy blue cheese recipe has some serious kick and tastes like you’re out fine dining!
1 sirloin steak
2 tbsp crumbled blue cheese
2 tbsp real bacon bits
1 slice of red onion
salt & pepper
1) Remove steak from the fridge, rub with olive oil and season generously with salt & pepper. Allow steak to rest at room temperature for 30-45 minutes.
While your steak is resting, if you don’t have cooked bacon, fry up a couple of slices in a pan on medium heat.
2) In a bowl, mix your bacon bits and blue cheese together.
3) Lightly brush your onion with olive oil.
4) When your steak is almost done resting, heat your barbecue to medium-high heat.
5) After heating for about ten minutes, place your steak on the grill, along with the slice of red onion.
6) Cook steak and red onion for about 3-5 minutes per side, or until your desired redness.
7) In the last couple of minutes, place some of the blue cheese and bacon crumble on top of the steak, allowing it to melt slightly.
8) Remove from barbecue, allow to rest for 10 minutes, and serve with the rest of your blue cheese and bacon crumble!