Crock Pot Cheesy Tortellini2013-12-24
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 1 Package Barilla Tortellini
- 1 Package Italian Sausage
- 1 Jar Pre-made pasta sauce
- 1 8 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 8 oz package of mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- Cook italian sausage until brown, drain fat.
- Into crock pot, mix together, cooked italian sausage, pre made pasta sauce, crushed tomatoes, mushrooms, green bell peppers, and onion. Cook on high for 4-6 hours.
- Near the end of the cook time, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add in Barilla Tortellini and cook according to package directions. Once cooked to al dente, strain water.
- Stir tortellini and mozzarella cheese into crock pot. Allow to cook for another 10 minutes and then turn off and serve.
It’s easily one of the tastiest meals ever. Cheesy tortellini with sweet italian sausage, in a cheesy tomato sauce. What more could you want? The best part? You can totally hide in a bunch of healthy vegetables for the kids (and husband)!
You can find this Barilla Tortellini in the pasta section. I love the three cheese and the cheese and spinach varieties. Can’t go wrong with either one.
To make, I added all my ingredients except for the Barilla Tortellini into my crock pot and let it cook on high for about 4 hours. Towards the end of the cook time, I boiled the tortellini separately until it was cooked al dente. Then stirred in the pasta.