Chocolate Crepes with Strawberries and Cream Cheese2014-01-02
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 2:25 h
- 1/2 c cold water
- 1/2 c cold milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 c shaved chocolate ( not chocolate chips; optional )
- 4 Tbsp melted butter or canola oil or coconut oil ( melted )
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp heavy whipping cream
- 6 – 8 strawberries, washed and sliced
- 1) Place water, milk, eggs, shaved chocolate and salt in a blender and blend for few minutes until it all comes together.
- 2) Add flour and cocoa powder and blend again.
- 3) Drizzle in melted butter ( or oil ) and blend for 2 minutes.
- 4) Cover and chill the batter for at least 2 hours. I refrigerated it overnight.
- 5) When ready to make crepes, preheat crepe pan.
- 6) In a medium mixing bowl, mix softened cream cheese until creamy. Add powdered sugar and beat until comes together. Add cream and beat again. Set aside.
- 7) Using 1/4 c scoops of batter, fry crepes in the preheated pan. Fry for about 1 minute on medium heat. When you see the edges set, try to slide your spatula under the crepe. If it tears, leave of for another 10 seconds and try again.
- 8) Flip the crepe and fry on the other side for 10 to 15 seconds. Slide onto a plate. Repeat with remaining batter.
- 9) Spread each crepe with cream cheese filling. Place strawberry slices only on half of the crepe. Fold in half and then fold again. Place on a serving dish. Repeat with remaining crepes.
- 10) Dust with powdered sugar and serve.