Chewy Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies2014-02-11
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
These cookies stay chewy, come packed with mint flavor, and lots of extra chocolate to boot. Delicious!
1¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
2 TB granulated sugar
½ cup salted butter, just softened (not melty at all)
2 tsp peppermint extract
2 large eggs, room temp
2⅔ cups sifted, all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp corn starch
3 tsp real cocoa powder, unsweetened
½ tsp table salt
1 (10 oz) package Andes mint chips
½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (mini ones melt better)
1) Place sugars, eggs, and peppermint extract in bowl of stand mixer. Mix on med-high speed until light and fluffy, about 4-5 min. Add eggs in one at a time, mixing just until incorporated.
2) In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, corn starch, cocoa powder, and salt. Whisk to combine well.
3) Fold dry ingredients into wet batter. Gently add in mint chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Dough may be sticky.
4) Chill dough for 1 hour or more.
5) Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle position.
6) Form walnut-sized dough balls and place 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 7-8 minutes. Cookies may seem underdone, but will set nicely upon cooling.