Cherry Cordial Valentine’s Day Cupcakes2014-01-10
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
With Valentines Day soon approaching, will you be baking these for your significant other? I know I will!
2 cups sugar
1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup dark cocoa powder
1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup of boiling water
8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
2/3 cup heavy cream
2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
4 Tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon maraschino cherry syrup (optional)
1 can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare two 12-cup cupcake tins with paper liners. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer whisk together your dry ingredients.
- Add buttermilk, oil, eggs, vanilla and beat on medium/low speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water by hand.
- Fill cupcake papers 1/2 to 2/3 full, and bake for 18-22 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- Remove from pans immediately and allow to cool completely on a wire rack before filling.
- In a small glass bowl, heat cream and corn syrup in microwave until steaming hot but not boiling, about 60 seconds.
- Pour chopped chocolate into hot cream, and allow to sit for 60 seconds.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Refrigerate ganache for 24 hours or until thickened (optional)
- Combine milk, cherry syrup and confectioners sugar in a small bowl, and stir until well combined and smooth.
- Cut a 1-inch deep well out of the top of each cupcake. You can use a small cookie cutter or a sharp paring knife.
- Sprinkle confectioners sugar over the top of each cupcake.
- Spoon or pipe a dallop of cooled ganache into each well.
- Spoon a generous spoonful of cordial cream over the chocolate.
- Spoon 1-3 cherries and glaze on the top of each well.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days, refrigerated if possible.