Caramel Stuffed Gingerbread Cookies2014-02-09
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 60m
These soft, chewy and gooey cookies are so bloody good! I ate a half dozen in one sitting…
1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup molasses
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cloves
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
24 Kraft Caramels
1) In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the softened butter and sugar for three minutes
2) Add in the molasses and mix completely
3) Crack in the eggs, one at a time, being sure to scrape down the sides as you go.
4) Mix in the vanilla, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves until thoroughly mixed. Scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl.
5) Add the flour, cornstarch, sprinkle the baking soda and salt on the flour, and mix until just combined.
6) Cover and chill in the fridge 30 minutes.
7) While your dough is chilling, unwrap all of the caramels
8) Preheat your oven to 350°F and line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
9) Taking about 1/2-1 Tablespoon of dough, roll into a ball. Do the same with a second piece of dough.
10) Stack the dough on each side of the caramels, firmly squeeze together so it’s pinched at the sides, and then roll into a ball. Place on a baking sheet two inches apart.
11) Bake for 10 minutes, until flattened.
12) Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet before removing.