Buffalo Chicken Meatball Sliders2014-02-11
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 18m
- Ready In : 38m
Perfect party food, these little sliders will surprise just about any guest when that cheese starts oozing down the side! Dee-licious.
1 pound (about 2 boneless skinless breasts) ground chicken breast
½ cup cooked quinoa
¼ yellow onion, finely minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ rib of celery, finely minced
½ medium carrot finely minced (I like to grate the carrot and then chop the grated carrot with a knife)
1 large egg
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
4 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into ½-inch cubes
1 cup Frank’s Red Hot Wing Sauce
18 slider buns
For garnish (optional):
Blue cheese dressing
Carrot and celery sticks
1) Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and drizzle with olive oil.
2) Chop the chicken into 1-inch chunks. Grind & mince the meat well, using a blender, or sharp knife.
3) Transfer the ground chicken to a medium mixing bowl and add the minced onion, garlic, celery, carrots, cooked quinoa, egg and salt. Use your hands to mix the ingredients until very well combined.
4) For the meatball, place a tablespoon of the chicken mixture in your hand and flatten lightly like a pancake. Add a piece of Mozzarella cheese and fold the meat around it, sealing the meat.
5) Bake for 18 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese in the center is melted.
6) 5 minutes before your meatballs are done, pour the Frank’s Red Hot Wing Sauce into a medium saucepan or Dutch oven and warm it over low. Add the cooked meatballs to the pot with the warm wing sauce.
7) Toast your buns until golden brown (optional)
Voila! serve with your favorite ranch, sriracha, or franks red hot!