These healthy little snacks will keep anybody stuffed before dinner.
2.5 oz fresh white mushrooms, diced
20 slices turkey pepperoni, chopped
½ cup pizza sauce (I used Classico Traditional Pizza Sauce and it was awesome)
1 (11 oz) can Pillsbury Crusty French Loaf refrigerated dough
1/3 c shredded 2% reduced fat Mozzarella cheese
¼ – 1/3 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly mist 8 cups in a standard muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Lightly mist a small skillet with cooking spray and bring over medium heat. Add diced mushrooms and cook for a few minutes until wilted/browned. Place the mushrooms in a medium bowl and add the chopped pepperoni slices and pizza sauce. Stir to combine and set aside.
3. Open the package of French bread dough and lay the log of dough on a clean, dry surface. Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into 8 equal rounds. Using your hands or a rolling pin, press the dough pieces into 3-4” flat rounds. Press each round into a prepared cup in the muffin tin, forming the dough into a bowl shape and pressing it up the sides.
4. Evenly distribute the pepperoni/mushroom mixture into each dough cup with a spoon. Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese over the top of each cup and follow with a pinch of Italian seasoning on each cup to taste.
5. Bake for 16-18 minutes until bread cups start to brown on the edges and are crusty to the touch. Let cool 3-5 minutes before serving.