Meatball Sub Casserole
Meatball Sub Casserole is a staple at my house. It comes out like a big Sloppy Joe and the whole family has fun tearing it apart & getting meat sauce all over their faces. As always casserole is so easy to make, and everybody loves it!
1 loaf of white bread, cut into 1-inch thick slices. (I used garlic bread)
1-lb. pkg. fully cooked frozen meatballs – thaw these first
1 jar pasta sauce
1 8oz package cream cheese
1/2 cup 0% greek yogurt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1) Preheat oven to 350.
- 2) In medium sauce pan, place a few table spoons of water, sauce and meatballs. Simmer for about 10 minutes, until meatballs are warmed.
- 3) Place bread slices in an ungreased 9×13 baking dish.
- 4) combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, and seasonings.
- 5) Spread cheese mixture over bread slices. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella. Spoon meat & sauce over bread. Sprinkle cheese.
- 6) Bake uncovered, for 20 minutes.