Epic S’mores Pie
12 full-sheet graham crackers (or 1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs)
6 Tablespoons (90 grams) melted unsalted butter
1/3 cup (65 grams) granulated sugar
10 Tablespoons (150 grams) unsalted butter
1 and 1/4 cups 250 grams) granulated sugar
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (111 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs, cold
1/2 cup (62 grams) all-purpose flour
25 large marshmallows (1/2 of a standard package or use mini marshmallows)
1) Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
2) Make the crust: Using a food processor or blender, pulverize the graham crackers into a fine crumb. Pour into a medium bowl and mix with melted butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 8-inch or 9-inch pie dish. Set aside.
3) Make the brownies: Melt the butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a large bowl in the microwave. Melt in 30 second increments and stir after each time until the butter is completely melted. The mixture will look gritty. Set aside for a few minutes as you get the other ingredients ready. You don’t want the mixture to be piping hot.
4) Stir in the vanilla extract. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring after each addition. The batter will be thick and look shiny. Add the flour, beating with a whisk until fully combined. try not to overmix the batter at this point. Pour into crust.
5) Bake for 28 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with marshmallows. Return to the oven and continue to bake for an additional 3 minutes to melt the marshmallows. If the marshmallows aren’t toasted, turn on your broiler for 1 minute. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before slicing.