Classic Beef Stew with Baby Potatoes
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot heat enough oil to coat the bottom of the pot over medium heat.
- Season the meat well with salt and pepper then dredge each piece with flour. Cook, turning to brown on all sides without cooking through to the center.
- Add the worcestershire, the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, thyme, parsley, bay leaf, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cook 5 minutes, tossing often.
- Add the beef broth and the potatoes. Bring to a simmer 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring often, tasting and seasoning as needed. Cook until the meat is tender and the potatoes are soft.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf and rosemary sprig before serving.